I’m on day three of that freelance work induced stress headache … because, apparently, it’s the gift that keeps on giving. Such fun. Enjoy some eye candy while I try and recover.
Check out this super cool Full Metal Jacket (Variant) Screen Printed Poster by Oliver Barrett. Too bad it was for sale by Mondo because all the scalpers already bought them up and are selling them on eBay for $250. Blech!
Check out this upcoming new vinyl release of The Silence of the Lambs – Expanded Motion Picture Soundtrack 2XLP from Mondo! It’s snazzy … and also pre-ordered.
This expanded edition is produced by Neil S. Bulk, supervised by Howard Shore himself, and mastered by Doug Schwartz from the original two-track stereo session tapes, courtesy of MGM. Featuring original artwork by Rich Kelly, liner notes by Tim Greiving comprised of all new interviews with composer Howard Shore and star Jodie Foster. Housed in a gold foil stamped gatefold jacket and pressed on 2x 180 Gram Moth Colored Vinyl (Yellow and Black Swirl with White Splatter). Also available on 2x 180 Gram Black Vinyl.
And … we’re off to see Avengers: Endgame tonight in an effort to head off the inevitable internet spoilers. Yay! I am fully expecting that Steve Roger will sacrifice himself to ensure the defeat of Thanos. So, if you hear loud, uncontrollable sobbing later this evening, that’s just me having a meltdown.
This week has been a bit busy and annoying. Freelance work is poppin’ because Spring is upon us. There’s lots of stuff to do for the opening of the 2019 season at the theater on top of having to totally redo the artwork for one of the shows. Plus the souvenir book I do for an annual pool tournament fundraiser is also working. Keeps me out of trouble, right?
Meanwhile, my brain has been stuck thinking about jock straps all damn day.
Director-Approved Special Edition Features
- New 4K digital restoration, supervised by director John Cameron Mitchell and cinematographer Frank DeMarco, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- Audio commentary from 2001 featuring Mitchell and DeMarco
- New conversation between members of the cast and crew, including Mitchell, DeMarco, composer and lyricist Stephen Trask, hairstylist and makeup artist Michael Potter, animator Emily Hubley, actor Miriam Shor, and visual consultant Miguel Villalobos
- Whether You Like It or Not: The Story of Hedwig (2003), an eighty-five-minute documentary tracing the development of the project from its beginnings in a New York club to its theatrical premiere at the Sundance Film Festival
- New conversation between Trask and rock critic David Fricke about the film’s soundtrack
- From the Archives, a new program exploring Hedwig’s production and legacy through its memorabilia
- Deleted scenes with commentary by Mitchell and DeMarco
- PLUS: An essay by Stephanie Zacharek, along with, for the Blu-ray edition, production photos by Potter and costume designer Arianne Phillips, illustrations by Hubley, and excerpts from two of the films inspirations, Plato’s Symposium and The Gospel of Thomas
The artwork for the upcoming Scorpion Releasing 3-Disc Limited Edition of Dario Argento’s Opera is a thing of beauty.
I finally have gotten around the Season 3 of Daredevil on Netflix.
When I went up to Dad’s last night to hand off the salt water taffy I had bought him in Florida, he was watching WWE SmackDown. I grew up watching pro wrestling and have always liked it. It’s kinda like theater on steroids with some (or maybe a lot of) homoerotic overtones. I have not watched it in years because I did loose some interest in it as I got older. Well … needless to say, my interest was totally piqued when Sheamus bounded into the ring last night.
Irish + Ginger + Beard = Helloooooooo, Nurse!
The bosses have been out of town since Tuesday. I have been wearing three different hats here at work … and guess who is stressed out and distracted today. Ugh. Plus, I still need to do laundry and get the yard mowed today. Double Ugh.
Meanwhile … guess who has a birthday tomorrow. 47. Where did the time go?
So, I got an early birthday present from the boyfriend. It’s a CellBlock 13 Smuggler Jock-Pack … a crazy combination of a jock strap and fanny pack. Now I just need to find a gear or fetish event to go to. Southern Decadence (2019) here we come?
And … I *might* have ordered the matching socks. That means I am ready for the Folsom Street Fair …. right?
I have too much on my mind and I’m distracted and very worried about almost everything.
Thanks to the internet, you can distract yourself with this picture of a random (and shirtless!) hot guy while I try and sort my shit out.