Director-Approved Special Edition Features
- New 4K digital restoration, supervised by director John Cameron Mitchell and cinematographer Frank DeMarco, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- Audio commentary from 2001 featuring Mitchell and DeMarco
- New conversation between members of the cast and crew, including Mitchell, DeMarco, composer and lyricist Stephen Trask, hairstylist and makeup artist Michael Potter, animator Emily Hubley, actor Miriam Shor, and visual consultant Miguel Villalobos
- Whether You Like It or Not: The Story of Hedwig (2003), an eighty-five-minute documentary tracing the development of the project from its beginnings in a New York club to its theatrical premiere at the Sundance Film Festival
- New conversation between Trask and rock critic David Fricke about the film’s soundtrack
- From the Archives, a new program exploring Hedwig’s production and legacy through its memorabilia
- Deleted scenes with commentary by Mitchell and DeMarco
- PLUS: An essay by Stephanie Zacharek, along with, for the Blu-ray edition, production photos by Potter and costume designer Arianne Phillips, illustrations by Hubley, and excerpts from two of the films inspirations, Plato’s Symposium and The Gospel of Thomas
The artwork for the upcoming Scorpion Releasing 3-Disc Limited Edition of Dario Argento’s Opera is a thing of beauty.
I finally have gotten around the Season 3 of Daredevil on Netflix.
When I went up to Dad’s last night to hand off the salt water taffy I had bought him in Florida, he was watching WWE SmackDown. I grew up watching pro wrestling and have always liked it. It’s kinda like theater on steroids with some (or maybe a lot of) homoerotic overtones. I have not watched it in years because I did loose some interest in it as I got older. Well … needless to say, my interest was totally piqued when Sheamus bounded into the ring last night.
Irish + Ginger + Beard = Helloooooooo, Nurse!
The bosses have been out of town since Tuesday. I have been wearing three different hats here at work … and guess who is stressed out and distracted today. Ugh. Plus, I still need to do laundry and get the yard mowed today. Double Ugh.
Meanwhile … guess who has a birthday tomorrow. 47. Where did the time go?
So, I got an early birthday present from the boyfriend. It’s a CellBlock 13 Smuggler Jock-Pack … a crazy combination of a jock strap and fanny pack. Now I just need to find a gear or fetish event to go to. Southern Decadence (2019) here we come?
And … I *might* have ordered the matching socks. That means I am ready for the Folsom Street Fair …. right?
I have too much on my mind and I’m distracted and very worried about almost everything.
Thanks to the internet, you can distract yourself with this picture of a random (and shirtless!) hot guy while I try and sort my shit out.
A few weeks ago, I might have been totally bored and bought this Cellblock 13 Octane Singlet (in grey, of course).
Too bad I am not as in shape as this model. Damn you, pizza! So, imagine this guy with a belly and a nice set of man boobs plus with no tan and less tattoos. That’ll give you a good idea of what I look like in this damn thing.
By the way … self-deprecation is an art form.
So, this beauty arrived earlier this week … a new 15.4″ Macbook Pro (Mid 2015)! I had been thinking about getting a new laptop at some point this year. But, with Apple’s announcement last week that they were discontinuing this model, I decided to go ahead and bite the bullet.
The 2015 model is the last Macbook Pro that comes with old USB ports. The 2016/2017 models come with Thunderbolt 3/USB-C ports. That’s not great considering all my stuff works with old USB connectors. I just couldn’t stomach the idea of having to buy a bunch of extra docks and dongles just to use my thumb drives and printer (as shown below).
I will say some dumbassery on my part has made the migration process pretty stressful. Hopefully, in a few days when things are settled, I will be super pleased with my new machine.
Blah, blah, blah … just another crappy weekend leading into another busy week.
There was a gathering that happened last Saturday. It was the one thing that I was looking forward to last week. It was the one thing that got me through a week of total stress. It was going to be a chance to hang out with people I like and relax. Instead a touchy subject got brought up and the evening got ruined. There was arguing and tears. What a fun night (said with sarcasm).
In good news … that never ending design project suddenly got approved and went to the printer on Monday. I am still not sure how that happened. I was expecting at least another week of back-and-forth on the proof. So, I guess good things do sometimes happen. Hopefully they will remit my invoice for payment quickly. I gots lots of movies to buy!
– Spending a tourist trap weekend in Gatlinburg.
– The Annual 4th of July Cookout.
– Designing the theater’s 2019 season brochure.
– Reading the new Stephen King novel and David Lynch’s memoir.
– Getting caught up on some Netflix viewing.
I have been in much need of a packable, waterproof/breathable jacket for my hiking adventures. Well, I finally got off my ass and ordered a sexy new Mamot PreCip Jacket in Steel Onyx/Slate Grey. I am really hoping the breathability is pretty good because being wet inside your jacket sucks. Who wants to get out into the woods?
The boyfriend was less than thrilled when I announced that I really needed to order myself a Cutie Chris Shirt by Ego Rodriguez. Love me, love my Chris Evans Obsession. Make mine Heather Grey, please!